This assembly can be adjusted by -44mm (tightening) & +22mm (loosening) using the tensioning turnbuckle.
The clevis/fork fitments are perfect for use with raked sections or when a maritime appearance is desired. The assembly is easily tensioned by simply twisting the turnbuckle. This assembly has 5mm clevis pin diameter on both ends.
According to the ‘BRITISH STAINLESS STEEL ASSOCIATION’ 316 grade stainless steel has an estimated pit resistance of 260 years in a ‘marine’ environment.
1. Your assembly should be delivered already assembled.
2. Loosen the hexagonal nuts either side of the turnbuckle to allow the assembly’s length to be adjusted.
3. Attach one end of the assembly to your fixing point by placing the forked fitting over it and aligning the hole. Now slide the pin through the aligned holes and secure with a circlip.
4. You may want to loosen the turnbuckle as much as possible before putting the second side on so that you do not have to pull it so tight.
5. Repeat step 3 at the other end of the assembly. (Use the turnbuckle to adjust length appropriately)
6. Once both ends have been attached use the turnbuckle to achieve the desired tension.
7. Tighten the hexagonal nuts against the turnbuckle (one will be right handed and the other will be left handed) to secure the turnbuckle in place. This will help to stop the assembly from losing tension.
8. You now have a fully installed re-tension able wire rope assembly.
If you have any questions, require more information or would like a quote, please contact us using the form below.
Jakob Rope Systems is supplied exclusively in the UK by MMA Architectural Systems, providing quality solutions for Green Walls, Car Park Safety, Animal Enclosures and Bridge Safety. We are also the sole UK agent for the proven Geggus Entrance Matting System.