This assembly can be adjusted by -20mm (tightening) & +6mm (loosening) using the tensioning turnbuckle.
The internal threads will be swaged onto the rope and the clevises, nuts will come as loose parts.
For fabrication we will measure from the centre of the clevis fitting pin to the centre of the opposite clevis fitting pin, so please specify your measurements in accordance with this.
1. Screw the hexagonal nuts onto the external thread of the clevises.
2. Screw the external thread of the clevis into the internal thread (must be at least 1.5x the diameter of the thread to achieve assembly’s full strength potential).
3. Attach one side to the bracket (should be installed before installing our wire rope assembly) by placing the fork over it ensuring the hole in the bracket is inline and sufficient enough in size to allow the fixing pin to slot through. Slot the pin through the clevis and bracket and secure with the circlip provided. Please contact us for alternative methods of fixing the assembly based on your requirements. 4. Proceed to attach the other end following the same instructions.
5. You should notice that because of the LH / RH threads in use the assembly will tension when the rope is rotated in one direction. Rotate the rope until you find the tension required.
6. Once you have reached your desired tensioning lock the nuts off against the internal threads at either end to ensure that the assembly doesn’t lose tension.
7. To remove the assembly, you should reverse the instructions.
If you have any questions, require more information or would like a quote, please contact us using the form below.
Jakob Rope Systems is supplied exclusively in the UK by MMA Architectural Systems, providing quality solutions for Green Walls, Car Park Safety, Animal Enclosures and Bridge Safety. We are also the sole UK agent for the proven Geggus Entrance Matting System.