Measurements must be accurate from the ends of the opposing internal threads, as shown in the photo above. When your fixing points are not adjustable, you will require the assembly with a left hand thread at one end and a right hand thread at the other so that you can turn the rope assembly to tension.
The swaged internal threads are designed to be used with male threads/studs.
Please note, if you choose to have right hand threads at both ends, this assembly can not be tensioned by turning the rope. In this application, one end must be able to tension independently, for example with a hex head bolt.
According to the “BRITISH STAINLESS STEEL ASSOCIATION” 316 grade stainless steel has an estimated pit resistance of 260 years in a “marine” environment.
1. Your assembly will be delivered already assembled.
2. If you have acquired additional fittings such as hexagon headed screws slide these through your fixing holes.
3 Screw a hex nut onto each of your male threads. (You may need an additional nut to secure the fitting in place against your fixing point.)
4. Screw one end of the assembly onto the fixing enough for the threads to be engaged.
5. Repeat step 4 at the other end of the assembly.
6. Begin to rotate the fittings using a spanner evenly so that tension is created.
7. When the desired tension is acquired, lock the assembly in place with the hex nut you screwed onto the thread earlier.
8. You now have a fully installed swaged internal thread wire rope assembly.
If you have any questions, require more information or would like a quote, please contact us using the form below.
Jakob Rope Systems is supplied exclusively in the UK by MMA Architectural Systems, providing quality solutions for Green Walls, Car Park Safety, Animal Enclosures and Bridge Safety. We are also the sole UK agent for the proven Geggus Entrance Matting System.