This product is available in the following size:
Trellis stand-off’s are made with 316 stainless steel with a stainless steel screw.
1. Mark out the locations for all trellis stand offs as per your trellis design.
2. Drill holes into the fixing surface to accommodate a 50mm nylon dowel plug (If attaching directly to timber, no dowel plug is required).
3. Insert the Nylon dowel plug into the fixing surface.
4. Place the screw through the bottom of the trellis stand off and screw the trellis stand off onto the fixing surface. (A washer is included which can be used to cover any marks created near the drill point, add more strength to the base and create additional spacing from the fixing surface, however these are not essential)
5. Insert the solid Stainless cylinder (this aids the grip to the rope) and then loosely screw in the tightening screw. At this stage, ensure all hole centres closest to the base (40mm) are in line vertically, and all hole centres furthest from the base (44mm) are in line horizontally (or vice versa).
6. Starting with the horizontal wires, you can start threading the ropes through the stand offs. These should remain in place without tensioning. (We recommend not cutting any wires until all are in place and secured).
7. Once all the horizontals are in place you can start inserting the vertical wires. Tighten the trellis stand offs at the top of the ropes first and then the bottom, tighten them initially by hand.
8. Once all the wires are in place you can then tension the system using a hex to tighten the trellis stand offs fully. For the vertical ropes, tighten the top set screw first, then pull the rope tight before tensioning the bottom set screw.
9. For the horizontal ropes, tighten one side first, pull the rope tight and then tighten the set screw on the other side.
10. When you have finished tightening all the Standoffs the cable ends can be cut to size. Then attach the plastic end caps to the bare cable ends on the outside edges.
Your system should now be complete and ready to add plants.
If you have any problems installation your trellis system, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.