Dimension (b1) is enlarged by 3 to 6% during the swaging process. Tensioning range: the external thread ends are both screwed in halfway.
Caution: the minimal screw insertion depth is 1.5 x thread dimension (M6 = 9mm).
Range of tensioning/loosening available for this assembly is: + 10mm / – 16mm.
The internal threads will be swaged onto the rope and the eyes and nuts will come as loose parts.
1. Screw the hexagonal nuts onto the external thread of the eye ends.
2. Screw the external thread of the eyes into the internal thread (must be at least 1.5x the diameter of the thread to achieve assembly’s full strength potential).
3. Attach one side to the bracket (should be installed before installing our wire rope assembly) Please contact us for methods of fixing the assembly based on your requirements.
4. Proceed to attach the other end following the same instructions.
5. You should notice that because of the LH / RH threads in use the assembly will tension when the rope is rotated in one direction. Rotate the rope until you find the tension required.
6. Once you have reached your desired tensioning lock the nuts off against the internal threads at either end to ensure that the assembly doesn’t lose tension.
7. To remove the assembly, you should reverse the instructions.
If you have any questions, require more information or would like a quote, please contact us using the form below.
Jakob Rope Systems is supplied exclusively in the UK by MMA Architectural Systems, providing quality solutions for Green Walls, Car Park Safety, Animal Enclosures and Bridge Safety. We are also the sole UK agent for the proven Geggus Entrance Matting System.